Saturday, October 13, 2012

First week after the detox...

It's going really well!
It really helps to have the shakes on hand as a meal because Thursday I didn't have time for a real meal. If I didn't have the shake, I know I would have found myself in a drive-thru somewhere.

Some folks have asked me about exercising during this transformation phase. It is recommended that if you are going to exercise that you only do 20-30 minutes of light to moderate activity. I play 2 volleyball matches one night a week and I've been doing fine to get through those. If you've played volleyball before, you know that depending on the position you are in on the court, you might just be standing there for a bit and not actually doing much except for watching if the ball comes towards you. Other days of the week, I am mostly walking or jogging and only longer than 30 minutes if it's a leisurely walk.

I did have time to cook dinner Friday night which was great! I had a salad which had lots of beautiful green veggies on it (no salad dressing, only a little olive oil & balsamic vinegar), steamed zucchini, and baked turkey. (I purchased a half breast of turkey and rubbed it with a mixture of fresh and dried herbs.) It was very tasty!

Day 9 Dinner!
My salad was a little on the "larger" side!
 


My new and improved fruit bowl!
We are encouraged to eat the color green in our fruit too!
The lemon is to add to water or salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment